Sunday 6 February 2011

Spaghetti Sunday and Lovin' Macro...

A tradition passed down for generations, Spaghetti Sunday has been part of my life for as long as I can remember. The smell is the smell of home, and about as Italian as I get, despite what my name might shout at you. Since Iansy and I moved into our flat, the last 4 or 5 Sundays have been Spaghetti Sundays.

Maw Cocozza kept us in tomatoes and herbs all our young lives, and my brothers and I are keeping the tradition alive - no less will be expected of the next generation.

Carlo's biscetti

MY biscetti!

Riccardo's biscetti

As the only daughter in a mass of children, I was expected to memorise the recipe from an early age. This didn't happen. But as soon as I moved out my childhood home, I knew it was time. My brother Michele has let the side down this week with no biscetti photo...but with a newborn child to enjoy and take photos of, we can probably forgive him.

The recipe is a secret, you have to be a Cocozza, or married into the family before you can learn to make it. The main ingredient, Poison, is the bane of Iansy's greedy knowledge-hungry brain! Muhaha. Sorry, Preston - present me a ring, or no biscetti knowledge for you...

Iansy loves his biscetti!

This morning we took Wee Sony out for a walk to the Botanic Gardens in the West End to see what he can really do...I'm thoroughly impressed. The word 'yum' was muttered more than once. Macro setting. Oh baby. 







Doesn't it just make you want to paint?
Feelin' inspired, refreshed, and lucky to have a boyfriend who is made of pure awesome.

Tomorrow it's back to my Nazi bunker.

Stay tuned!

Xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you can cook me dinner ANYTIME miss luisa! seriously. i am indeed lovin the macro, check you out totally owning that setting already! ;)

you always have such pretty eyeshadow, I remember the urban decay green being a well worn colour on you :) you defs need to share some pics like that on here. oh please do text me this week, plans to hang out in the alternate dimension sound promising! :) we'll work something out ;)

whats your hours like on outpost? and how do you get there in ze mornings? i'm back at the beeb tomorrow, dunno how long for yet. i want to come play zombies with you before w.l in march! give gary a hug from me, and tell him i miss his pretty tits (in an irish accent, so more like TEATS) TELL HIM, DAE IT! because he will laugh and he will let you in on a personal joke of ours. I think youre ready for it, and you might appreciate it. mind you, I tell people the 'god made saturn, and he liked it, so he put a ring on it joke' and they dont laugh :( and I laugh for a long, long time over it. that, and yer maws got baws and yer dah likes it!

okay okay, im leaving now :) x

Ian said...

Thanks for that Ayden, I think Luisa had forgotten all about yer maws baws!!

Spaghetti Sundays are the bees knees though and always will be, 2nd day spaghetti is even better, then you have 2nd day lunctime spaghetti, and if its made with mince you have 3rd day lunchtime spaghetti.....

I like spaghetti