Monday 31 January 2011

Tomorrow I take on the zombies...

Well, it's been two years since I started this blog for a project in first year...and for two years it's cluttered up the internet breeding dust bunnies and cobwebs and getting sticky with neglect. Poor blog.

No more! I'm here with a metaphorical wet-wipe and a spritz of perfume and a new look, and everything's going to be ok now.

It's a new week, and a new month, and I can think of no better time to start documenting some life.

On Wednesday I begin my work placement on a film, the sequel to nazi-zombie-tastic hit Outpost. For 4-6 weeks I'll be working as part of the scenic art team, to first recreate the set from the original film, then get stuck into a whole new world of gruesome WWII bunker goodness. For somebody with zombie issues all I can say is I better not get left there alone. I feel fragile already. No, seriously. What is you people's obsession with dismemberment and torture? :(

Still, scenic artist's frilly dream, and I am really excited. It proves to be a test of manliness and stamina, and I have a fair dose of both. And a kit bag full of manly brushes. I've never worked on a film of this size before, and I didn't think I'd get the opportunity while still studying.

Keep a weather eye on the horizon! I think it's going to be a wee cheeky adventure ;)

Xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A zombie apocolypse is a regular worry of mines luisa :( I figure it wouldnt take long to zombie proof my flat and set up bombs around the perimiter, I am legend style! Haha!

Have a great time on Outpost, lemme know how its going and I may be seeing you there soon :) Got another 2 weeks at the bbc (maybe more... they keep on extending it)

Miss youuuuu! x