Tuesday 1 February 2011

Two loads of washing, business cards, and anniversary...

An unexpected day to myself was surprisingly eventful and productive. I love it when a plan comes together. 

I've updated my website (finally!) with panto photos and some of my recent work over the past few weeks. Have a swatch :) I know it's maybe not the thing to have a free website, but actually I love my little wix creation. I've had the same design since the summer and I still really like it. Plus, I've put the hours in making sure it's easy to navigate and the photos look good. It feels like it's more than just a portfolio website, it's got a wee bit of me in there too, and I think that's important.

Even more excitingly, my business cards came in the mail! Yay! I'm really impressed with them, even if I was fretting about the price up 'til today - everything from the design to the arrival was easy and satisfactory, and look, even the box was friendly! <<<

I used Moo for these and I will again, because it's big value for money, they look great, and I've been charmed by the packaging...I'm going to be packing from now on, nobody's safe from my details now! I've also got a bunch of 'mini' cards, which are super cute and a bit different. Saw somebody with them at a trade show, and it stuck in my mind. I also knew I would bore very quickly with the same image over a hundred cards...So, with our graduation showcase looming, and graduation in general looming, it pays to think ahead. 
Check me out, being an adult. 

If only it was all as much fun as buying differently coloured business cards. Fortunately I love what I do. If I could put my arms around scenic art I'd give it a big ol' squeeze :)

Having the flat to myself today also gave me a bit extra time to work on anniversary presents for Iansy (secrets and lies!) For, tomorrow we are three years old. I've had a lovely three years with him :) But I've been a cheapskate with the present since it's just been xmas, and it's his birthday in a week :P He'll have to just get oor it, really. I obviously just don't love him as much as he loves me. That, and I'm a full time student and general busy bee, and he's a working man with a bulbous salary! Excuses, I hear him cry. I'll give him an extra horsey-pat for the occasion.

No plans especially for the day, we're both working. We're going to cook dinner and have a quiet one in, and I've promised no uni work, as long as I don't see an iPhone at any point during the night.

So I shall update on my first day on Outpost on Thursday, after all the excitement.

It's two for Tuesdays and we're bad people. NOM. Oh go on, you know you want to... 

Xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY! just yay for you and your blog miss - please keep it up because your wee updates are super and you make me laugh! :) happy anniversary to you and ian, awww. I think you would deffo like sapporro teppanyaki, its just down the street from you! pointed our your flat to david as we walked past. and good luck for outpost tomorrow! let me know how it goes eh?

i go to the gym in lenzie, got a membership which makes sure i go at least twice a week but its been hard with work etc recently. wish you could be my gym buddy, hate going on me own! :( xx

ps. i think we'd be AWESOME horror movie chicks. scared to death... but still kicking ass x