Thursday 19 May 2011

Wear Sunscreen

Auld Paw and wee nephew Luca


Forgive me, Blogger, for I have sinned. It's been two months since my last blog, which would be more excusable if I had nothing to write about...

In reality I've attended a brother's wedding, completed my Graduation Showcase, embarked on a ground-breaking personal project, bought a bookcase, found a new recipe, worked on a Grad Film, been pole dancing,  registered for graduation, and experienced a bit of a personal realisation about happiness and success, and the way I want to be and why. 

My absence can be explained, but not satisfactorily in a public domain. Ha. That sounded a bit mysterious - well, there's no conspiracy; I've just been a bit dejected lately. However, after a few life-affirming moments, a wonderful film project, a wee cheeky job offer, and dampening some beautiful people's shoulders, I'm starting to feel a little more like my old self again. 

I don't want to filthy this blog post with thick globs of dirt from the muddy past few weeks. So I won't. No more worry, or panicking, or frantically looking for answers.

The only way is forward, and the things which keep me accelerating to the person I want to be.

However. As I'm trying to be all about positivity and silver linings and what not, I am going to post here, forever, the highlights of this rubbishy time, in the hopes that in the future, if ever I peruse these old posts I will look here and remember this time only for the good.


I had loads of fun painting this pretty birdy. He lives in our livingroom now...


Wee business card holder I made <3


A prop I made, carved, painted and adored


Having amazing friends over to my flat for dinner

That's ma name!
A cheeky wee trompe l'ioeil... yum

A lovely wee family
New Sis 

Old Bother...

Yer Maw


Graduation Showcase

Grad Film. made prop for 'My First Spellbook'



Me and Gavin, check out my crazy art-directing hands!
The superstars that were Jake, Sonya and Sophie 

Filming in a primary school means school dinners! <3

And sometimes, when you're trying to get back on track, there's nothing better than some song wisdom. 


"Don’t waste your time on jealousy:
Sometimes your ahead, sometimes you're not.
The race is long; and in the end it’s only with yourself."

"Whatever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much,
Or berate yourself either.
Your choices are half chance.
 So are everybody else’s."



- Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)
Baz Luhrmann

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely catch up :) I really enjoy reading these! Your spellbook looks amazing, and thats such a LOL you got school dinners when you were there! How very nostalgic indeed :) see you soon lovely lady xx

JoAnne Ferrie said...

what an awesome post - inspired by that sunglasses song:D
well they are wise words so you can't go wrong if you follow them. My similar inspiring word passage is Rudyard Kipling's 'IF' - If only I could 'Keep my head when all around me are loosing theirs and blaming it on me!'
Miss you Luisa. I hope we have a project soon to work on together and relive good times :D

ash said...

Wow- loving the purdy trompe l'oeil!!!
Nicew work!
xx

Ada Calgie said...

My flatmate and I wrote lines from the Sunscreen song on bits of paper and stuck them up on the windows of our old flat :) "The race is long..." was my favourite. Great blog!x x